Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

With Zika In Cuba, Visitors Asked To Bring Bug Spray To Share

With Zika In Cuba, Visitors Asked To Bring Bug Spray To Share
By JULIO OCHOA
WIKIMEDIA

Travelers to Cuba should bring lots of mosquito repellant -- not just
for themselves.

The Zika virus is being spread by mosquitos in Cuba, so travelers are
being told to bring bug spray to protect themselves.
Suzanne Carlson, owner of Carlson Maritime Travel in Tarpon Springs,
says visitors should also bring extra to share with locals with no
access to bug repellant.

"The last time I was down there I asked some of my associates and
friends 'What can I bring you?'" Carlson said. "In the past mosquito
repellant wasn't on that list and it is now. 'Bring me repellant for my
children.'"

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a travel alert for
visitors to Cuba. It says people returning from the island should be on
alert for three weeks after their visit, trying to prevent new mosquito
bites and using protection during sex.

Source: With Zika In Cuba, Visitors Asked To Bring Bug Spray To Share |
WLRN - http://wlrn.org/post/zika-cuba-visitors-asked-bring-bug-spray-share

No comments: